In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to burn ISO to DVD from a graphical user interface on Ubuntu 20.04
- How to install Brasero ISO burning application
- How to check the content of burned DVD
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Installed Ubuntu 20.04 or upgraded Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
# - requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
Ubuntu 20.04 Burn ISO to DVD step by step instructions
- Check your system whether it supports DVD burning. Start by opening a terminal window and execution of the bellow command:
$ cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info
- Next, download the ISO image you wish to burn. As an example, in this tutorial, we will burn downloaded Ubuntu 20.04 ISO image.
It may take some time for the system to search and detect the inserted blank DVD. In my case I had to wait 1-2 minutes for the Brasero to find compatible DVD disk. If anything, this seems to me like a minor software bug.