The Workstation version comes with graphical user interface (GUI) pre-installed as default. The RHEL 8 option comes by default and without any GUI pre-installed.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install GUI on RHEL 8.
- How to start GUI on RHEL 8.
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the |
|Conventions|| # - requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of |
How to start GUI on RHEL 8 Linux step by step instructions
- Install the GNOME desktop environment. Follow our guide on how to install GNOME desktop on RHEL 8 Linux.
- (Optional) Enable GUI to start after reboot.
# systemctl set-default graphical.target
- Start GUI on RHEL 8 using the
# systemctl isolate graphical