In this tutorial you will learn how to install VirtualBox Extension Pack on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install VirtualBox Extension Pack
- How to confirm VirtualBox Extension Pack installation
- How to check VirtualBox Extension Pack version
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Installed Ubuntu 20.04 or upgraded Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
# – requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
$ – requires given linux commands to be executed as a regular non-privileged user
VirtualBox Extension Pack installation on Ubuntu 20.04 step by step instructions
- First step is to check current VirtualBox extensions in use.
- Close the VirtualBox application.
- Open terminal window and use the following
aptcommand to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack:
$ sudo apt install virtualbox-ext-pack
- Re-open the VirtualBox application.