In this tutorial, you will learn how to install VirtualBox Extension Pack on Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish Linux. This software will allow you to extend some of the functionalities of your guest operating systems and the way you can interact with them from your host Ubuntu 22.04 system.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install VirtualBox Extension Pack
- How to confirm VirtualBox Extension Pack installation
- How to check VirtualBox Extension Pack version
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish|
|Software||VirtualBox, VirtualBox Extension Pack|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
# – requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
$ – requires given linux commands to be executed as a regular non-privileged user
VirtualBox Extension Pack installation on Ubuntu 22.04 step by step instructions
- First step is to check current VirtualBox extensions in use. Open VirtualBox preferences and click on the
Extensionstab. At the moment there is no extension pack installed as indicated in our screenshot below.
You can close the VirtualBox application window when done.
- Next, open a command line terminal and use the following
aptcommands to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack:
$ sudo apt update $ sudo apt install virtualbox-ext-pack
- Re-open the VirtualBox application after the installation has completed and click on the
Extensionstab. The new VirtualBox Extension Pack and its version number information should now be available.
In this tutorial, you saw how to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack on Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish Linux. This is a simple installation that can enhance the functionality of your guest operating system by allowing Ubuntu 22.04 (the host system) more features for controlling the virtual machine.