The NVIDIA Driver is a program needed for your NVIDIA Graphics GPU to function with better performance. It communicates between your Linux operating system, in this case Fedora, and your hardware, the NVIDIA Graphics GPU.
The NVIDIA drivers can be installed by using a Bash command after stopping the GUI and disabling the nouveau driver by modifying the GRUB boot menu.
To install Nvidia driver on other Linux distributions, follow our Nvidia Linux Driver guide.
In this NVIDIA Drivers installation guide you will learn:
- How to install NVIDIA graphic driver automatically using RPM Fusion and manually using the official NVIDIA driver from nvidia.com
- How to identify your NVIDIA graphic card model on your operating system
- Where to download the NVIDIA driver package for Fedora Linux
- How to install prerequisites for a successful Nvidia Driver compilation and installation on Fedora Linux
- How to disable the nouveau driver
- How to successfully install NVIDIA Drivers on your Fedora Linux operating system.