wc [OPTION]... --files0-from=F
Print newline, word, and byte counts for each FILE, and a total line if more than one FILE is specified. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.
- -c, --bytes
- print the byte counts
- -m, --chars
- print the character counts
- -l, --lines
- print the newline counts
- read input from the files specified by NUL-terminated names in file F
- -L, --max-line-length
- print the length of the longest line
- -w, --words
- print the word counts
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
This isfree software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
- info wc
should give you access to the complete manual.