The objective of this guide is to prepare the Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa system for watching Netflix streaming service.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to watch Netflix on Firefox
- How to watch Netflix on Google Chrome
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Installed Ubuntu 20.04 or upgraded Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
# – requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
$ – requires given linux commands to be executed as a regular non-privileged user
Watch Netflix on Ubuntu 20.04 step by step instructions
Netflix on Firefox
- First step is to install FFmpeg extra codes library by using the following command:
$ sudo apt install libavcodec-extra
- Next, we need to enable DRM on our Firefox browser.
- All ready. Your are now ready to Watch Netflix on your Ubuntu 20.04 system.
Netflix on Google Chrome
Watching Netflix on Google Chrome browser does not require any special treatment. Simply open the browser, login and start watching.