In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install Virtualbox guest additions.
- How to check Virtualbox guest additions installation.
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Installed Ubuntu 20.04 or upgraded Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the |
|Conventions|| # - requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of |
Installing Virtualbox guest additions on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa step by step instructions
- The easiest way to install Virtualbox guest additions on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa is to install the following packages from the standard Ubuntu repository:
$ sudo add-apt-repository multiverse $ sudo apt install virtualbox-guest-dkms virtualbox-guest-x11
- All done. Reboot your virtual machine:
$ sudo reboot
- Confirm the Virtualbox guest additions:
lsmod | grep vbox vboxsf 81920 0 vboxguest 344064 6 vboxsf