In this tutorial we will be installing the Virtualbox guest additions on Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine Linux. Virtualbox guest additions allows for better screen resolution and mouse integration.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to Install Virtualbox guest additions compilation and installation.
- How to check Virtualbox guest additions installation.
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine Linux|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
# – requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
$ – requires given linux commands to be executed as a regular non-privileged user
How to install Virtualbox guest additions on Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine 8 step by step instructions
- The easiest way to install Virtualbox guest additions on Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine is to install the following packages from a standard Ubuntu repository:
$ sudo apt install virtualbox-guest-utils virtualbox-guest-dkms virtualbox-guest-x11
- All done. Reboot your virtual machine:
$ sudo reboot
- Confirm the Virtualbox guest additions:
$ lsmod | grep guest