uname – print system information
Print certain system information. With no OPTION, same as -s.
- -a, –all
- print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown:
- -s, –kernel-name
- print the kernel name
- -n, –nodename
- print the network node hostname
- -r, –kernel-release
- print the kernel release
- print the kernel version
- -m, –machine
- print the machine hardware name
- -p, –processor
- print the processor type or “unknown”
- -i, –hardware-platform
- print the hardware platform or “unknown”
- -o, –operating-system
- print the operating system
- display this helpand exit
- output version information and exit
Written by David MacKenzie.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright © 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html >
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for uname is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and uname programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info uname
should give you access to the complete manual.