Update the access and modification times of each FILE to the current time.
A FILE argument that does not exist is created empty.
A FILE argument string of - is handled specially and causes touch to change the times of the file associated with standard output.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- change only the access time
- -c, --no-create
- do not create any files
- -d, --date=STRING
- parse STRING and use it instead of current time
- change only the modification time
- -r, --reference=FILE
- use this file’s times instead of current time
- -t STAMP
- use [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.ss] instead of current time
- change the specified time: WORD is access, atime, or use: equivalent to -a WORD is modify or mtime: equivalent to -m
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
- info touch
should give you access to the complete manual.