WordPress is probably the most used CMS in the world (it is estimated that almost 40% of all websites are built using the platform): it is very easy to install and use, and allows even non-developers to create website in few minutes.
Wordpress has a very large plugin ecosystem; one of the most famous is Woocommerce, which allows us to turn a website into an online store in few steps. The plugin makes use of the WordPress REST API infrastructure; in this tutorial we will see how to interact with the Woocommerce API using the Python programming language, showing how to list, create, update and delete products and categories.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to generate Woocommerce REST API credentials and enable pretty permalinks
- How to interact with the Woocommerce REST API using Python and the woocommerce package
- How to get information about the existing Woocommerce categories, create, update and delete them
- How to get information about the existing Woocommerce products
- How to create simple and a variable products with variations
- How to update and delete a product