The aim of this article is to get you started with basic Nginx web-server installation using the
dnf install nginx command and configuration on RHEL 8 / CentOS 8. Nginx web server is an Apache alternative with a capability to be also used as reverse proxy, load balancer, mail proxy and HTTP cache.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install Nginx on RHEL 8 / CentOS 8.
- How to start Nginx.
- How to enable Nginx to start after reboot.
- How to open HTTP and HTTPS ports.
- How to run Nginx encrypted with HTTPS.
- How to create self-signed SSL certificate for Nginx.