A system administrator, in the vast majority of cases, has to take care of more than one server, so he often has to perform repetitive tasks on all of them. In these cases automation is a must. Ansible is an open source software owned by Red Hat; it is written in the Python programming lanaguage, and it is a provisioning and configuration management software which help us in the aforementioned cases. In this tutorial we will see how to install it and the basic concepts behind its usage.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install Ansible on the most used Linux distributions
- How to configure Ansible
- What is the Ansible inventory
- What are the Ansible modules
- How to run a module from the command line
- How to create and run a playbook