In this tutorial we will learn how to install Apache Tomcat 8 application container to RHEL 8 / CentOS 8. We will be using the zip package available to download from the Apache Tomcat website. As this package will not handle setting up the environment, we will create it from the command line.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install Apache Tomcat from zip file
- How to create the environment for the Tomcat server from command line
- How to add basic service file to systemd
- How to enable autostart, start and stop the Tomcat server
- How to verify Tomcat is reachable