Apache is one of the most popular and longstanding HTTP servers. It’s an open-source and cross-platform web server software developed and maintained by Apache Software Foundation. It’s easy to set up and learn to use, which has led to its widespread adoption for small and large scale websites.
In this guide, we’ll go over the step by step instructions to install Apache on AlmaLinux. Feel free to follow along with us, whether you have a fresh AlmaLinux installation or have migrated from CentOS to AlmaLinux.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install Apache web server on AlmaLinux
- How to control Apache web server with systemctl commands
- How to open firewall for HTTP (port 80) and HTTPS (port 443)
- How to host a website with Apache
- How to install SSL certificate with Let’s Encrypt