The cURL linux command can use various network protocols to download and upload data on Linux. Normally, using the cURL command is pretty basic, but it has a ton of options and can grow more complicated very quickly. In this guide, we’ll go over some of the more common uses for the cURL command and show you syntax examples so you can use it on your own system.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- What is cURL and what can it do?
- How cURL compares to wget
- How to download a file from a website with cURL
- How to follow redirects
- How to download and untar a file automatically
- How to authenticate with cURL
- How to download headers with cURL
- How to use quiet mode with cURL