Cmus is a fantastic ncurses-based music player written in C. It can be used on all Unix-based operating systems, and so also on Linux. It has a series of very nice features like gapless playback, and supports a variety of file formats; among the others: Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC, Opus, Musepack, WavPack, WAV, AAC, and MP4. It also support adding features via extensions. In this tutorial we will learn its basic usage.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install cmus on the most used Linux distributions
- How to add songs to the library
- How to reproduce a song, and the various reproduction modes
- How to add and remove songs from the queue
- How to create,rename,delete,import and export a playlist
- How to add and remove songs from a playlist