mkdir – make directories
mkdir [OPTION] DIRECTORY…
Create the DIRECTORY(ies), if they do not already exist.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -m, –mode=MODE
- set file mode (as in chmod), not a=rwx – umask
- -p, –parents
- no error if existing, make parent directories as needed
- -v, –verbose
- print a message for each created directory
- -Z, –context=CTX
- set the SELinux security context of each created directory to CTX
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Written by David MacKenzie.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright © 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html >
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for mkdir is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and mkdir programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info mkdir
should give you access to the complete manual.