Master PDF editor is a powerful tool to create or edit existing PDF documents. The Master PDF editor is not available for Ubuntu via standard repository, but you can keep reading to find out how to install this software on Ubuntu Linux. Installing Master PDF editor will not only allow you to open and view PDF documents, but modify them and save your changes as well.
The only requirement for this software to work is a functional Graphical User Interface. Master PDF Editor comes as a pre-compiled tarball and in the form of an installable DEB file. Just a word of warning though, this is a proprietary software which means that you have absolutely no control of it and therefore, you run it on your own risk.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to download Master PDF editor
- How to install Master PDF editor and its dependencies on Ubuntu
- How to launch and use Master PDF Editor
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Any Ubuntu Linux based system|
|Software||Master PDF editor|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
# – requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
$ – requires given linux commands to be executed as a regular non-privileged user
Install Master PDF editor on Ubuntu step by step instructions
- Start by navigating to the offical Master PDF Editor download page hosted by Code Industry. Scroll down part way and click the yellow “Download Master PDF Editor for Debian” button.
- Once the download has completed, open a command line terminal and navigate to the location where you saved the file. Then, run the following command to install the program. This will also install all the needed dependencies.
$ sudo apt install ./master-pdf-editor*.deb
- Once the command wraps up, you can launch Master PDF Editor from the Activities menu.
Alternatively you can run the following command to launch Master PDF Editor from the terminal:
- Now you can get started using Master PDF Editor by opening an existing document or creating a new one.
In this tutorial, we saw how to install Master PDF Editor on an Ubuntu Linux system. The application has a lot of features and is a good choice for intutive and easy PDF editing. The only drawback of the free version is that it will insert a watermark depending on what kind of edits you make to a PDF document. You can always purchase the commercial version if the free one works well for you and you want to remove the watermarks permanently.