In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install macOS theme
- How to install macOS icons
- How to install macOS cursor theme
- How to install macOS style bottom panel
- How to set macOS Mojave wallpaper
- How to start automaticaly macOS panel after reboot
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Installed or upgraded Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa|
|Software||Gnome Tweaks, Plank|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the |
|Conventions|| # - requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of |
How to install macOS theme on Ubuntu 20.04 step by step instructions
- First step is to install Gnome Tweaks.
- Next, we are going to install Mojave macOS theme. Begin by opening your terminal and installation for all prerequisites:
$ sudo apt install gtk2-engines-murrine gtk2-engines-pixbufNext, download the Mojave macOS theme:
~/Downloadsdirectory. Once ready execute the below commands to install the macOS theme:
$ tar xf Mojave-dark.tar.xz $ mkdir ~/.themes $ mv Mojave-dark ~/.themes/
- Once the theme is installed you can apply the theme to your current desktop:
- Next step is to install Mojave CT icons.
~/Downloadsdirectory. Once ready execute the below commands to install the macOS Mojave CT icons:
$ tar xf Mojave-CT-Night-Mode.tar.xz $ mkdir ~/.icons $ mv Mojave-CT-Night-Mode ~/.icons/
- Change the icons to macOS Mojave theme:
- In this step we will install the macOS cursor set.
~/Downloadsdirectory execute the below commands to install it:
$ unzip -qq macOS\ Cursor\ Set.zip $ mv macOS\ Cursor\ Set ~/.icons/
- Apply the macOS cursor set:
- Set the macOS wallpaper. The opinion on what constitutes a macOS wallpaper may differ. Good place to start is to download the Mojave wallpaper.
- Next, setup the macOS panel. To do so first install Plank:
$ sudo apt install plankOnce the Plank application is installed launch it from your
- Remove the default Ubuntu 20.04 Gnome dock panel.
- Configure the Plank application to start after reboot.