Print the first 10 lines of each FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE, precede each with a header giving the file name. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -c, --bytes=[-]N
- print the first N bytes of each file; with the leading ‘-’, print all but the last N bytes of each file
- -n, --lines=[-]N
- print the first N lines instead ofthe first 10; with the leading ‘-’, print all but the last N lines of each file
- -q, --quiet, --silent
- never print headers giving file names
- -v, --verbose
- always print headers giving file names
- display thishelp and exit
- output version information and exit
This isfree software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
- info head
should give you access to the complete manual.