In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to start teleconference meeting with Jitsi
- How to test webcam and microphone
Software Requirements and Conventions Used
|Category||Requirements, Conventions or Software Version Used|
|System||Installed Ubuntu 20.04 or upgraded Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa|
|Other||Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the
# - requires given linux commands to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
Easy teleconferencing with Jitsi on Ubuntu 20.04 step by step instructions
- Since the Jitsi teleconferencing requires webcam and microphone peripherals, it is recommended that before you begin, you first test your webcam and microphone.
- No client installation is required to begin the teleconference using Jitsi. Jitsi is a browser based teleconferencing tool which makes it easy to use. However, at the moment of writing Jitsi only supports Chromium and Google Chrome browsers only.
Installing the Chromum browser is easy as executing the bellow command from your terminal:
$ sudo apt install chromium-browser
- Next, navigate your Jitsi supported browser to the https://meet.jit.si/ and create a new meeting.
- All should be ready. Next, simply share your teleconference meeting URL eg.
https://meet.jit.si/LinuxConfigwith other participants in order to allow them to join the session.