Output pieces of FILE separated by PATTERN(s) to files ‘xx00’, ‘xx01’, ..., and output byte counts of each piece to standard output.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -b, --suffix-format=FORMAT
- use sprintf FORMAT instead of %02d
- -f, --prefix=PREFIX
- use PREFIX instead of ‘xx’
- -k, --keep-files
- do not remove output files on errors
- -n, --digits=DIGITS
- use specified number of digits instead of 2
- -s, --quiet, --silent
- do not print counts of output file sizes
- -z, --elide-empty-files
- remove empty output files
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Read standard input if FILE is -. Each PATTERN may be:
- copy up to but not including specified line number
- copy up to but not including a matching line
- skip to, but not including a matching line
- repeat the previous pattern specified number of times
- repeat the previous pattern as many times as possible
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
- info csplit
should give you access to the complete manual.