This article is going to introduce Docker Compose and show how to put it to work for your needs. We will install it, write a simple Compose file and launch the container.
We will then see how to launch multiple containers. Then we will see how to build images and lately how to use multiple Compose files to launch containers in different environments, like development and production, for example.
In this tutorial you will learn:
- How to install Docker Compose
- How to write a simple Compose file
- How to execute docker-compose commands to start and stop containers
- How to launch multiple containers
- How to build images with Docker Compose
- How to override using multiple Docker Compose files